Yesterday morning the children were having pancakes for breakfast.While I was cooking them I made up two mini casseroles of oats and things for Mr. Simply Homemade and I for our breakfast. I put them in the oven so they’d be ready when I’d dished up the pancakes. When I took them out they looked and smelled delicious, so as I often do, I posted a photo of our breakfast on Instagram and Facebook.
The photo proved popular and I’ve since had a number of requests for the recipe so here it is.
Ingredients – serves 1
30g Porridge Oats
10g Milled Linseed*
50g Frozen Berries**
80g Greek style Yogurt
1 tbsp honey
*optional – I try to include Linseed in my diet everyday as it’s wonderful for your digestive system. It can be purchased in all the supermarkets, including the budget friendly ones! However, if you don’t have it to hand use 40g of oats.
**Fresh fruit is perfect too. Some seasonal blackberries or grated apple and a pinch of cinnamon would be lovely.
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan.
- Butter an oven proof bowl or mini casserole dish.
- Mix the oats, linseeds and berries together.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the yogurt, egg and honey together.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the oat mixture and mix it together well.
- Transfer to your buttered dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little before tucking in.
Breakfast is served. I would love to hear from you if you make these. Feel free to tag me on Instagram or Facebook and use the hashtag #betterbreakfasts.