I love baking with oats, they are so good for you and are great for keeping hunger pangs at bay.
I’ve been making these cookies every week for the last while, they’re a great quick snack for the hungry children that descend on me every evening questioning when dinner will be ready.
I sourced the original recipe on The Healthy Chef, a website with a wealth of healthy recipes.
2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
100g Porridge Oats
100g Ground Almonds
50g Desiccated Coconut
60g Dark Chocolate*, chopped (I use the 81% available in Lidl)
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
60g Butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 160/140C fan and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the bananas, oats, almonds, coconut & chocolate in a bowl.
- Pour in the melted butter & coconut, mix thoroughly.
- Take tablespoons of the mixture in your hands and form cookie shapes, you should expect to get 12 cookies.
- Lay them onto the prepared cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
According to the original recipe these will keep in a sealed container for 5 days, they last into the second day in my kitchen!
*for the cookies pictured here, I used sultanas & cranberries instead of chocolate, the were just as delicious.