Oooh these are good!
I like figs, both fresh and dried. I was looking for something else in the press when I came across a bag. Whatever I was looking for was abandoned and these are the result!
I thought to myself afterward, these would make a lovely homemade gift for that occasion that occurs at the end of the year! Actually, they’d make a lovely gift at any time. Having said that, you might want to be sure the recipient likes figs!
10-12 Dried Figs, soaked in hot water for half an hour or so before using.
100g Mixed Nuts (You could also just use your preferred kind)
50g Cacao Powder
30g Porridge Oats
25g Grated Dark Chocolate or Chocolate Chips, 70% min
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Pinch Sea Salt Flakes
Desiccated Coconut for coating
Ingredient Notes: Cacao is widely available in health stores and supermarkets. Alternatively, you can use cocoa powder if you wish.
- Drain the figs, add them to the food processor and blitz.
- Add all of the other ingredients, except the coconut and blitz until everything has come together.
- Put some coconut in a small bowl and have a plate ready for the truffles.
- Take walnut sized pieces (or bigger!) of the mixture, roll it between your hands to make a ball. Drop the ball into the coconut and give the bowl a shake so the truffle is evenly coated.
- The mix is quite wet so you may need to wash your hands often as you go along,
- When they’re all made, store them in the fridge.
These are a delicious snack for small hands, a lovely accompaniment to a cup of coffee or even just a good reason to go to the fridge!
If you make them, let me know what you think.