Yes, I interviewed my children! This is completely inspired by a recent post from Kate Takes 5 where Kate asked her son this selection of 23 questions. I asked two of my children the questions; actually, I asked all five, but the answers I’m sharing are from my 13-year-old and 5-year-old. My three older kids all answered very similarly and the 13-year-old wrote her answers down, making it easy for me!
1. What is something Mom always says to you?
13yo: Manners cost nothing.
5yo: Be nice & be kind. (oh and stop pulling your brother’s hair!)
2.What makes Mom happy?
13yo: When we do things together, as a family.
5yo: Spending time with me.
3. What makes Mom sad?
13yo: Any of us arguing with each other.
5yo: Me and my brother fighting.
4. How does Mom make you laugh?
13yo: When she tries to be ‘down with the kids’, as she says. (Mom: Seriously?!!)
5yo: She tickles me.
5. What was Mom like as a child?
13yo: I think she was probably helpful.
5yo: That’s hard; um, I don’t know.
6. How old is Mom?
5yo: That’s a secret! (Mom: Well not now!)
7. How tall is Mom?
13yo: 5ft 1.5inches (Mom: She’s right, the half is very important!)
5yo: Taller than me.
8. What is Mom’s favourite thing to do?
13yo: Bake or write.
5yo: Play Lottie Dolls with me.
9. What does Mom do when you’re not here?
13yo: Housework and baking.
5yo: Bake. I always see baked things when I come home from school.
10. If Mom becomes famous what will it be for?
13yo: Writing or baking.
5yo: Being on Instagram!
11. What is Mom really good at?
13yo: Being creative.
5yo: Painting. (Mom: I think she’s clutching at straws!)
12. What is Mom not very good at?
13yo: Understanding some of the things I’m talking about; she doesn’t know who Cardi B is!! (Mom: I do understand! Most of the time. Admittedly though, I don’t know the Cardi person)
5yo: I don’t know.
13. What is Mom’s job?
13yo: Looking after all of us.
5yo: Taking care of her children.
14. What makes you proud of Mom?
13yo: How creatively talented she is. (Mom: Aw)
5yo: She helps me do things.
15. What is Mom’s favourite food?
13yo: Chickpeas! (Mom: This joke is getting old; though I do love them!)
5yo: Brown Bread.
16. What do you & Mom do together?
13yo: She brings me shopping.
17. How are you & Mom the same?
13yo: We both have creative minds.
5yo: Our eyes are coloured the same.
18. If your Mom was a character (TV, FILM OR BOOK)who would she be?
13yo: Joyce Byers from Stranger Things
5yo: A pony from My Little Pony, a cool one, Rainbow Dash
19. How are you & Mom different?
13yo: She isn’t really educated about Pop Culture today. (Mom: Or perhaps I’m not educated about wannabe YouTuber/Instagramming kids who want fast fame?? #justsayin’)
5yo: I don’t know.
20. How do you know Mom loves you?
13yo: She listens to me, gives me advice and looks out for me.
5yo: She tells me.
21. What does Mom like best about Daddy?
13yo: His really bad jokes. (Mom: No, really, that’s not it!)
5yo: Oh, I know this, he always gives you flowers on Mothers Day.
22. Where is Mom’s favourite place to go?
13yo: The beach.
5yo: Rake of Cakes!
23. How old was Mom when she had you?
5yo: I can’t remember, it was a long time ago.
This was a lot of fun to do with the children and also quite revealing. From their answers, they very much see me as a nurturer, and that’s not a bad thing at all.