I absolutely love sweet potatoes. They are such a versatile vegetable. Quite often I will add them to regular mash, the add a real creaminess to them, I steam and mash a kilo every week and use them in muffins, bread, gingerbread and even pancakes!
I think this is my favourite way to have them, however, as parmesan fries. They are utterly scrumptious.
2 Small/Medium Sweet Potatoes
1 Egg, beaten
40g Grated Parmesan
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C Fan.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into chips/fries.
- In a small dish beat the egg. Add the parmesan to another dish and season.
- Dip the fries into the egg, then roll them in the parmesan to coat them and add them to a baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
These are delicious on their own, as a side dish with dinner or with a poached egg & green salad (delish!)