Would I be right in saying peanut butter is a bit like marmite, in that people either love it or hate it? In our house there’s no middle ground anyway, those of us who like it, love it. Those who don’t like it, well, they really don’t!
I wanted to try a peanut butter muffin, though I admit, I was fearful they may be a bit dry. They were actually a success. My fairy declared them, ‘a good job Mom’ High praise indeed.
Peanut Butter Muffins
140g Wholemeal Flour
100g Plain Flour
2 Tsp Baking Powder
25g Coconut Sugar
100g Peanut Butter (smooth/crunchy, salted/unsalted, the choice is yours)
75g Coconut Oil
200ml Almond Milk
1 Mashed Banana
- Preheat the oven to 170(fan) and line a muffin tin with cases.
- In a large bowl sieve the plain flour and baking powder into the wholemeal flour, add the sugar.
- Place the peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey over a medium heat and melt together.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, and banana.
- Pour all of the wet ingredients into the flour and mix together, thoroughly.
- Divide the mix between the cases and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
These muffins are light, fluffy and really rather tasty. Enjoy them.