I wanted to use up some banana’s today, but didn’t want to make the usual banana bread or banana muffins. I came across a banana biscuit recipe here, http://www.easy-banana-recipes.com/easy-banana-cookies.html. I made some changes to the recipe and the result was these delicious cookies that have a lovely, soft cake like texture when you bite into them.
Ingredients – Makes 20
120g softened butter
100g caster sugar
2 mashed bananas
Seeds of one vanilla pod (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
240g Plain Flour, 1tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp salt & 2 tsp ground ginger sieved together.
1. Preheat oven to 180C/GM 4.
2. Beat the butter & sugar together until creamy.
3. Add the egg, beat into the mixture until it is smooth.
4. Stir in the banana & vanilla.
5. Fold in the flour mixture. Drop dessertspoonfuls of the mixture onto baking trays, leaving plenty of space between each one.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Leave to cool on the trays for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack.
‘Copyright © Simply Homemade 2011’
We christened these ‘Cookie Cakes’ as they are really not crunchy enough to be a biscuit!!