I’ve been threatening to make Courgette Loaf or Bread, whatever you prefer to call it, for a while and with an abundance of courgettes on special offer in the supermarket lately, it was as good a time as any.
It was such a simple loaf to throw together, I don’t know why I waited so long. It’s absolutely delicious, very moist, as one would expect and very moreish.
- 2 large eggs
- 125g Butter, melted & cooled
- 250g courgettes, coarsely grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 50g Coconut Sugar
- 140g Sultanas
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Prepare a 2lb loaf tin either with a loaf tin liner or butter and line it.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, butter and sugar, then add the courgettes and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, then pour into the tin.
- Bake for 1 hr, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool, then serve, or freeze for up to 1 month.