I know I said in my previous post that we don’t go out of our way celebrating Valentine’s Day in the Simply Homemade home and we don’t, BUT, lets not forget it is an excuse to indulge in chocolate!
So with my heart thinking only of Mr. Simply Homemade and not of me at all, I set about creating up something that resembled a Forrero Rocher……..it can’t be that hard……can it?
No, it can’t! Four ingredients, that’s all you need to conjure up this delicious chocolate delight.
3 tbsp Hazelnut Butter
2 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder (Cocoa powder will work too)
3 tsp Maple Syrup
50g Dark Chocolate, I used 80% Dark
- Mix the hazelnut butter, cacao & maple syrup together in a bowl. Taste to see if you would like to add more maple syrup, I thought they were just right with the three teaspoons.
- Place in the fridge while you melt the chocolate over a bowl of simmering water.
- Have a piece of parchment ready on a small tray or a plate.
- Set the chocolate aside and take teaspoonful amounts of the hazelnut mix and roll into little balls.
- Take the balls and using a spoon, roll each one through the chocolate, getting an even coating. Place on the parchment and when they’re all done, leave in the fridge to set.