It’s always beneficial to have a speedy pasta dish up your sleeve. It is perfect for those days where the hours just flee from you. This is a great one, as it’s not only quick to cook but kind to the weekly budget too.
You will notice that this dish is meat free. We don’t eat meat every day in our home. This hasn’t always been the case, it just happens to be another corner we have turned of late.
Now, on to our speedy supper, this is done in the length of time it takes to cook the pasta, so lets get cooking!
Ingredients – Serves 6
240g Pasta of your choice
1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
1 Red Onion, finely chopped
1 Red Pepper, deseeded & choppped
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp each Paprika, Oregano & Basil
1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
500g Carton Passata
200g Feta Cheese
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the pasta.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion & garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion has softened a little, then add the red pepper, herbs and spices and cook for a further 5 minutes. If anything starts to stick to the pan, take a spoon or two of the cooking water from the pasta and add it in.
- Add the passata and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Crumble in most of the feta, reserving a little to sprinkle over the top, stir well.
- Drain the pasta and add it back to the saucepan, stir in the feta sauce. Add a few basil leaves, stirring those in too.
- Plate the pasta dish, crumble some of the reserved feta over the top and garnish with some more basil leaves.
This is super tasty with a nice kick from the spices. My gang like to have some fresh bread rolls on the side to mop up every last bit of sauce. Some garlic bread would be delicious too.