We regularly have Oat Pancakes for breakfast, quick to prepare, healthy and very tasty. The beauty of them too is that they’re very much open to experimentation, there’s little that can go wrong. With that in mind I decided to add a touch of Christmas to them, with delicious results.
Ingredients – serves 2
60g Oat Flour (Blitzed porridge oats)
1 Mashed Banana
Coconut oil for frying (any oil of your choice is fine here)
- Add the oat flour, mashed banana & eggs to a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the mincemeat and stir in well.
- Heat a pan and add the coconut oil.
- Add tablespoonfuls or scoops of the batter to the pan.
- When bubbles appear on the surface, flip the pancakes over for a minute or two.
- I served ours with Highbank Orchard Apple Syrup. Maple syrup or honey would be just as nice as would a dollop of greek style yogurt.
These pancakes are seriously good, we may have had them a few mornings in a row and have yet to tire of them! If you do make them I would love to hear what you think of them. I hope you enjoy them.