I enjoy baked oats for breakfast on occasion, the only downside is that I’m the only one in my home that does! The lesson there being that I can’t win them all, and I can just have them myself when I fancy it. Now that December is in sight, I decided to put a festive spin on my humble breakfast and it was worth it.
30g Porridge Oats
10g Milled Linseed*
80g Greek-style Yogurt
1 tbsp honey
*optional – I try to include Linseed in my diet every day as it’s wonderful for your digestive system. It can be purchased in all the supermarkets. If you don’t have it to hand use 40g of oats.
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan.
- Butter an ovenproof bowl or mini casserole dish.
- Mix the oats, linseeds and mincemeat together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the yogurt, egg and honey together.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the oat mixture and mix it together well.
- Transfer to your buttered dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little before tucking in.
Breakfast is served.
Have a wander through more Christmas recipes here.