I simply love the scents and flavours associated with the festive season and will include them wherever I can. With that in mind I played around with my Granola Recipe, made a few small changes and here we have Festive Granola.
50g Chopped Pecans
50g Flaked Almonds
20g Dessicated Coconut
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
Grated zest of one Clementine
60g Coconut oil, melted together with the honey
30g Mulberries (optional)
30g Cranberries (dried)
- Preheat the oven to 160C Fan (140C conventional) and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Add the porridge oats, pecans, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and clementine zest to a bowl and mix together.
- Pour over the melted honey & coconut oil and stir well. Tip onto the lined tray and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Stir through the mixture frequently, do not answer the phone to your other half, walk away and leave the granola to burn and have to make a second batch!!!!
- Allow the granola to cool completely before pouring back into the bowl and stirring in the dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container. Serve with a splash of milk or a dairy free alternative such as Almond Milk or perhaps some greek style yogurt and berries.
This granola would also make a lovely gift. Simply present it in a sterilised jar with a pretty ribbon and a festive label.