This recipe probably doesn’t tie in with the usual January recipes you may see at this time of year. However, this is the recipe that’s getting me through the cold, dark evenings this month. It exudes warmth and comfort, hugs from the inside out. This drink epitomises all that January evenings are about, a respite from the grey days. I am in awe of folk who are full of get up and go as the rain pelts against the windows disturbing our thoughts.
♥Hot Chocolate is like a Hug from the Inside♥
Mega Mocha Hot Chocolate
- Small saucepan, teaspoon, small bowl, whisk, mug.
- 220 ml Milk
- 1-2 tsp Coffee
- 1½ tsp Malt Drink Powder (I used Ovaltine)
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon
- 35 g Chocolate Chips
- 35 ml Baileys (optional, but recommended!)
- Add the milk to a small saucepan/milk pan and put over a low heat.
- Put the coffee, Ovaltine, cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, sugar & chocolate into a small bowl.
- As the milk starts to warm, tip the bowl of dry ingredients into the milk and whisk lightly until everything has dissolved and melted.
- Pour the hot chocolate into the mug, add the baileys (if you're using it) and stir.
I have mentioned before, I’m not a number one January fan, so I find it helps to have little things to ease me through the month. This hot chocolate is just one of those things.
There’s nothing like curling up on the couch, the fire lighting, lamps on, a book to hand or perhaps a movie on the tv and hugging my hot chocolate close. A slice of cake is a nice addition too if you fancy it. There are recipes galore to choose from here if you wished to spend an afternoon soothing your soul in your kitchen. Then indulge in the rewards of your efforts, accompanied of course, by the hug from a mug.