I’ve had a couple of requests for this recipe since my Mini Chef & Baker Boy made them with me on Snapchat ( https://www.snapchat.com/add/nicnaes) for breakfast the other morning.
This recipe is actually adapted from the Blueberry Pancake recipe in the Slim with Tina book by Tina Murphy, which the children are big fans of…..minus the blueberries!!
It’s another great recipe for children to help with. My small people love mixing, beating & stirring. My 11 year old loves cooking them.
150g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg, beaten
165 ml Water
125 ml Plain Yogurt
100g Peanut Butter*
Rapeseed oil for cooking
*When I list peanut butter in my recipes, I am talking about good, whole peanut butter with no added nastiness. My preferred brand is Meridian.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Add the egg, water, yogurt & peanut butter and mix together well, ensuring everything has been incorporated well.
- Heat 1-2 tsp rapeseed oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add tablespoon full amounts of the mixture to the pan. When they start to bubble (2 mins approx), turn them over and cook for another minute.
- We served them with some vanilla yogurt & a teaspoon of maple syrup.
I was not asked to mention Meridian, we just love the stuff and literally buy it by the bucket load!!