While I’m not a fan of beef burgers, I do quite like turkey burgers and wonder of wonders, so do all of the children and Mr. Simply Homemade. I do believe we could refer to this as a minor miracle!
My method for making turkey burgers is almost the same as how I make meatballs, except I’m making them into patty shapes, obviously.
I rarely buy shop bought burgers, by making my own I am aware what’s in them, there’s nothing nasty in there and it’s cheaper too to make my own.
1 Carrot, finely grated
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove, grated/crushed
1 tsp Chilli Flakes
Salt & Pepper
600g Turkey Mince
Rapeseed Oil for cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan) and have a baking tray ready.
- Add the breadcrumbs, carrot, onion, garlic, chilli flakes and seasoning to the food processor and blitz until it all comes together.
- With the motor running, feed the turkey mince in slowly, letting everything come together well.
- When the mixture has all come together it’s time to make the burgers. What I do, is weigh the mixture and divide it up so I have all equal sized burgers that will all cook the same. You can do this by eye if you prefer.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a frying pan and cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes on either side. Then transfer to a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
Serve the burgers in a bun with whatever salads and sauces you like. If you have time you may even wish to have your own homemade buns prepared.
I love mine with a little cheddar and some Wexford Home Preserves Cranberry Sauce, absolutely delicious.
Some homemade chips, side salad and happy faces at the dinner table; what more can one ask for?