As the Festive Season fast approaches, I’m immersing myself in a wealth of crafting, with the children and by myself. A warming drink is often welcome to go alongside the task at hand. Warm Spiced Cider fits the bill when I fancy a change from coffee or herbal tea.
This lovely drink is a lovely addition to a get-together. It can also provide a warm hug following an evening looking at lights or visiting a certain gentleman in a red suit!
Ingredients – Serves 2
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Star Anis
1 Clementine, sliced
- Place all of the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer
- Leave for a minimum of 15 minutes. The longer you leave it the more flavoursome it will be, but even after just 15 minutes, you will have a deliciously warm drink that smells wonderful.
- This recipe is really just a base, and although it is delicious, there is more you can do with it. If you have a sweet tooth add some brown sugar or some honey.
- Should you like it spicier add more cloves, extra cinnamon, some grated nutmeg or ginger. Pomegranate seeds, lemon peel or orange zest also work beautifully.
- You could also add a splash a drop of spicy rum which really adds to the warmth of this seasonal potion.
Have a wander through more Christmas recipes here.